Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sodražica, Slovenia: The Good Deeds Society Essay Contest Winner

On February 5, Alenka Uhr (of Sodobnost) and I traveled to Sodražica, a town nestled in mountains, and made famous for being the birthplace of an influential Slovenian writer and thinker, Ivan Prijatlj.

The school, Oš Ivan Prijatelj Sodražica, had planned an assembly with all the students to honor the winner of the Good Deeds Society essay contest. The participants in the essay contest asked me questions, and then I had a chance to interact with the students, who asked me questions, and responded to mine. Please contact beyondutopia at gmail dot com for information about Good Deeds Society Sister Schools.




The winner of the Good Deeds Society essay contest: Blaž Krajnc



His mentor: Tadeja Topolnik.

I had a chance to interact with students:


The lovely town of Sodražica.

More photos: http://www.flickr.com/beyondutopia

No comments: